R4L/Services/Hosting/Advanced/Reseller/How to Set Up Subdomains and Redirects
Setting Up Subdomains and Subdomains with Redirects
Setting up a subdomain will create
Usually a subdomain will forward to a folder of the same name, so if you are setting up a subdomain called sub.register4less.com, on the server, this would direct to register4less.com/sub. The subdomain does not have to go to the same named directory.
To set a subdomain up,
- Log in to manage the domain and open the cPanel (Paid Hosting > Manage Advanced Hosting)
- In the Domains section, click on Subdomains.
- In the Create a Subdomain section, you will be prompted to enter in
- The name of the subdomain
- Select the domain for which you are creating this subdomain, and
- Enter in the destination directory. By default, cPanel will enter in the name of the directory for you.
- Click the blue Create button. cPanel will create the destination directory on the server automatically.
Subdomains with Redirection
Follow the directions above to create the subdomain(s), and then
- Go back to the Domains section on cPanel and
- click Redirects. You will be prompted to
- Select the type of redirection (301 Permanent or 302 Temporary)
- Select the subdomain for redirection
- Enter in the URL to redirect to. It's a good idea to test the URL in your browser to ensure it's working.
- Choose whether the subdomain will redirect with or without www. in front of it. The default is to redirect with.