From R4L Help Wiki
What are the conditions for a successfull registrar transfer?
The conditions necessary for a successful registrar transfer:
- Your domain Administrative Contact email address must still be valid as a confirmation request will be sent to this address.
- For most domains, you will need an authorization code from your current registrar.
- Your domain needs to be unlocked with its current registrar. A locked domain will not appear as tranferable when you do a check transfer on our site.
- You should make sure WHOIS Privacy service is disabled for your domain prior to transfer.
- Your domain name must have been with its current registrar for AT LEAST 60 days before it can be transferred.
- There must not be a pending dispute with your domain name. If there is a dispute, your registrar will have a hold on the domain, preventing its transfer.
- All domain transfers include a one year renewal of the domain. This time is added to the current expiry date, so no time you've paid for is lost.
- A domain name that is expired can be transferred. Some registrars will try to block a transfer of an expired domain name. If that happens to you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help.