From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring my Blackberry for email
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use email@example.com and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Select Setup from your Blackberry "Home" menu.
- Select "Setup Wizard" from the main setup menu. If this is the first time you have accessed this menu you may be prompted to complete a short tutorial explaining basic Blackberry functionality.
- Select "Email Setup" from the list of options.
- Select the radio button next to "I want to Create or add an email address" and click "next"
- You will be prompted to click "Next" again to launch the Blackberry Internet Service setup application.
- Click the "add" button underneath "add an existing email account".
- Select the account type as "other".
- Enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your mailbox password as prompted and click "next". It will process the credentials.
- You will then receive a "success" message letting you know your account has been configured correctly and a new menu icon has been added to access your mail.
- You ensure your phone and webmail are synchronised access your newly set up mail account and hit the Blackberry Menu button on your phone. Choose "options" from the list. Ensure that "delete on: mailbox and handheld" and "on conflict: mailbox wins" is selected and save the changes.