Configuring Mail Clients or Smart Phones
Configuring your Account with a Mail Client
Any device that can connect to a mail server can be used to access your email account with Register4Less. Below we have step-by-step guides to popular mail programs as well as smart phones.
Finding Your Server Name
If you have email hosting with R4L, you will likely want to set up a mail program on your computer, tablet or smart phone. We recommend you setup your mail client(s) with encryption enabled, and configure the incoming and outgoing connections using your server's name. There is a digital certificate installed on each of our servers using the server's name.
To find your server's name, on your web browser, type in '''http://webmail.''' plus your domain name (without the www's). You will be redirected to a secure login page that will have the address '''https://ahs5.r4l.com:2096'''. Your server name is ahsN.R4L.com, where N is the number you see in the address bar.
|Help Guides for Email Programs||Help Guides for Smart Phones|
MS Outlook Netword Popup Issue
If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express, at times there can be an error asking the user to repeatedly enter in their network password. This can happen even when Outlook is correctly configured. Please see this help page if you are experiencing this problem.
General Email Configuration Settings
If the mail program or smartphone is not listed above, let us know and we'll see if we can get it added for you. In the mean time, try using the following settings. Regardless of what program is being used, the configuration settings are the same.
Determining your AHS Server Name
- On your web browser type in http://webmail. plus your domain name.
- You will be forwarded to an address like https://ahs5.R4L.com:2096. Your server number may be different from 5. In the instructions below, we will use ahs5.R4L.com, but keep in mind your server name may use a different number.
- This page allows you to log into our webmail interface with full encryption
Incoming Server Settings
- Server Host Name: ahs5.R4L.com (or your server name as you determined above)
- Username: your complete email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: The password you created or updated your email account with.
- With encryption enabled, port for IMAP (recommended) is 993, 995 for Pop3.
- Without encryption, port for IMAP is 143 and 110 for Pop3
Outgoing Server Settings
- Server Host Name: same ahs5.R4L.com as your incoming server
- Authentication: This is different depending on the mail client you use. On Macs, authentication type is set to password. On most PC & Linux mail clients, there is an option that says Server Requires Authentication. This must be selected.
- Username & Password: Same username and password as the incoming server. There may be an option to select this, or you may need to enter them in again.
- Server Port: Usually under Advanced Settings, this is 465 with encryption enabled (recommended), 587 if not.
- Username and password are the same is the incoming server connection.