From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Outlook 2007 for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use email@example.com and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Start Outlook 2007
- Select "Tools" then "Account Settings"
- Click on "New"
- Choose "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP"
- Check the checkbox "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click "Next"
- Choose "Internet E-mail" and click "Next"
- Type your Name in the "Your Name" field
- Type your full new E-mail address in the "E-mail Address:" field (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose "IMAP" from the "Account Type:" dropdown menu
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com or your server name (ahsX.R4L.com) where X is a number into the "Incoming mail server:" field
- Enter smtp.yourdomain.com or your server name (ahsX.R4L.com) where X is a number into the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP):" field
- Type your full new E-mail address into the "User Name:" field (email@example.com)
- Enter your password in the "Password:" field
- Click on More Settings
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the box beside My server requires authentication
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and then click OK and you will return to the E-mail Accounts screen
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Change the Outgoing Server Port to 587.
- You can now test your settings by clicking Test Account Settings
- Click "Next"
- That's it. Click "Finish" and you can now start using Outlook 2007 with your R4L email account.