From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Eudora for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use firstname.lastname@example.org and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- From the Tools menu, click Account Settings
- Click Create New Account
- Email account should be selected, click Continue
- Enter in your name and your email address and click Continue.
- Change the selection from POP to IMAP, and enter the server name ahs5.R4L.com or your server name. Click Continue.
- Enter your full email address for the Incoming User Name. Click Continue
- Enter a description for your account name. That can be your name, your email address. Click Continue.
- Verify that all of your settings are correct, and click Done.
That's it. Eudora is now ready to use with your R4L email account.