From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring iPhone/iPad for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use email@example.com and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- From your iPhone's Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Passwords & Accounts.
- # Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tao Add Mail Account
- Ener in your Name, Email address, account password and a description of your account. Tap Next
- IMAP should be selected, leave it selected.
- Under INCOMING MAIL SERVER, enter in your server name, email address for username and your password.
- Under OUTGOING MAIL SERVER, enter in your server name, email address for username and your password. Tap Next
- Your iPhone will verify your account, and if all was entered in correctly, you can save your new configuration.