From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Windows Mail for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use email@example.com and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Launch Windows Mail
- Select "Tools" then "Accounts…"
- Click on "Add…"
- Choose "E-mail Account" from the Account Type screen
- Type your Name in the "Display Name" field
- Type your full new E-mail address in the "E-mail address:" field (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose "IMAP" as the "Incoming e-mail server type:"
- Enter ahs5.R4L.com into the "Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server:" field. Your server name may have a different number than 5.
- Enter ahs5.R4L.com into the "Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name:" field. Your server name may have a different number than 5.
- Ensure that the "Outgoing server requires authentication" checkbox is checked then click "Next"
- Type your full new E-mail address into the "E-mail username:" field (email@example.com)
- Enter your password in the "Password:" field
That's it! Windows Mail is now configured and ready to use with your R4L email account.