From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Opera for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use firstname.lastname@example.org and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Open Opera Mail. You will be prompted to import from an existing mail configuration. If you have a client already configured to connect to your mail account with us, elect this from the menu and click Next. If not choose to import from Opera Browser and click Next.
- You should see a message from Opera "Import Finished". Click Finish.
- If all went well, you should see your INBOX with mail, and can start using Opera Mail.
- If you need to or want to configure your account manually, right-click ACCOUNT1' and click on Properties
- Under the General tab, Give your account a name, category, and enter in your name, email address for Mail address and Reply-to. Click the Servers tab.
- For both the incoming and outgoing server, enter in ahs5.R4L.com or your server's name for Server, your email address for Username and your account password under Password and AUTH LOGIN for Authentication. Select secure connection for both, and port 993 for the incoming server and 465 for the outgoing server. Click Ok.
That's it! Opera is now configured and ready to use with your R4L email account.