From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Entourage for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use firstname.lastname@example.org and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Open Entourage, click on the "Tools" menu, then click on "Accounts".
- Click the "Mail" tab, then click "New".
- Enter your full email address in the "Email Address" field. Then click on the "Configure Account Manually" button.
- Select "IMAP" from the "Account Type" dropdown. Click "OK".
- Enter a name for this email account in the "Account Name" field.
- Enter your name and full email address in the "Name" and "E-mail address" field.
- Enter your full email address in the "Account ID" field. In the "IMAP server" field enter "mail.yourdomain.com" or your server name (ahsX.R4L.com) where X is a number and # enter your password into the relevant box.
- Enter "smtp.yourdomain.com" or your server name (ahsX.R4L.com) where X is a number into the "SMTP server" field in the "Sending mail" section.
- Below the "SMTP server input box, click on the "Click here for advanced sending options" button. Tick "SMTP server requires authentication" and tick "Use same settings as receiving mail server".
- Your email account will now be configured and appear in your "Accounts" pane.
That's it! Entourage is now configured and ready to use with your R4L email account.