From R4L Help Wiki
Configuring Outlook XP for IMAP
- We recommend using IMAP instead of POP for accessing your incoming email. Pop configurations will often delete mail from the server, making it unavailable to other devices or computers you would use to access your email. With IMAP, you can access your mail using your computer and smartphone, and keep mail syncronized between devices.
- Important note: In the description below, we use email@example.com and yourdomain.com as your email address and domain name. You need to substitute of course your real email address and domain name.
- About Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): In the instructions below, we are not enabling SSL. If you wish to connect to the incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP server using encryption, then leave these enabled. There will not be an SSL certificate on the server to match mail.yourdomain.com or imap.yourdomain.com, so your mail program will warn you that you are connecting without a certificate. Confirm the exception when this happens.
- Launch Outlook XP
- Select "Tools" then "E-mail Accounts"
- Select "Add a new e-mail account"
- Click "Next"
- Select "IMAP" as the Server Type and click "Next"
- The E-mail accounts window appears. Type your full name beside "Your Name:"
- Type your full new E-mail address beside "E-mail Address:" (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Type your full new E-mail address beside "User Name:" (email@example.com)
- Type your account password in the "Password:" field
- Input the IMAP server name ahs5.R4L.com into the "Incoming mail server" field. Your server name may have a different number than 5.
- Input the SMTP server name ahs5.R4L.com into the "Outgoing mail server" field. Your server name may have a different number than 5.
- Click on "More Settings"
- Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab
- Check the box beside "My server requires authentication"
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" and then click "OK" and you will return to the E-mail Accounts screen
- Click "Next"
That's it! Outlook XP is now configured and ready to use with your R4L email account.